Become a member of Zonta!
The Zonta Club of Warren honors, empowers and advocates for women, both locally and globally, seeking to end domestic and gender-based violence, human trafficking and poverty through service and education programs.
What is Zonta?
We are a leading global organization of professionals empowering women worldwide through service and advocacy. Zonata was founded in 1919 in Buffalo, New York. The Zonta club of Warren had its first meting on March 17, 1928 at the YWCA, which is currently the Jefferson DeFrees Family Center.
Women locally, nationally and worldwide face issues that affect their safety, economic status and well-being. Zonta works to increase awareness and promote advocacy of these and many other issues. Education, Women’s Health, Human Rights, Poverty, Human Trafficking, Gender-Based Violence.
When you join the Zonta Club of Warren, we ask that you make a certain level of commit- ment. We are a very active club and, as such, rely on our members to try and do the
- Participate in at least one monthly meeting every month
- Attend the fundraising events
- Participate in the annual Lucky Numbers Luncheon
- Serve on a committee
- Participate in hands-on service projects
- Spread the word of Zonta
Membership in a Zonta Club is drawn from women and men with experience in a recognized business or profession. A potential member becomes a Zontian through the following process:
1. The prospective member fills out the prospective member application form. The completed form is submitted to the club’s Membership Committee Chair, Marina Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Zonta Club of Warren, PO Box 335, Warren PA 16365 (prospective members are welcome to attend two club meetings or functions to get acquainted with the group)
2. The Membership Committee then brings the name before the board for approval.
- 3. A formal letter of invitation from the Membership Committee is sent to the
4. After receiving welcome letter an informal orientation will be scheduled.
5. Membership becomes official upon acceptance and the payment of appropriate fees and dues to the club, Zonta International, and the District.